Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Liverpool Target Sylvain Marveaux Denies Agreeing To Move

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has denied reports that he has agreed a deal to move to the Premier League with Liverpool in the summer.

Marveaux, a former France Under 21 international, is out of contract with the surprise package of Ligue 1 at the end of the current campaign and was quoted in The People as claiming to be close to a move to Anfield.

"I am very close to reaching agreement with Liverpool about joining them next season," the 24-year-old was reported as saying.

However, Marveaux, who is currently sidelined following groin surgery, has stressed that he never made any such claim, and says he is yet to make a decision on his future.

"I never spoke to any English journalist and I do not understand why they wrote it,'' Marveux told L'Equipe.

"Today I still have not decided which club I will play for next season.

"I will soon be going to Clairefontaine to continue my rehab and when I have made my choice I will announce it.'

"Contrary to what some have said I hope to play again with Rennes before the end of the season. If all goes to plan I should be able to resume training and play in April or May. Returning with Rennes before the end of the season is my goal.''

No comments: