Saturday, March 19, 2011

Liverpool Starlet Eyeing Loan Move

Liverpool starlet Thomas Ince has opened the door to another loan move after returning from a productive spell under his dad Paul at Notts County.

The left winger made a big impression for the League One club during his three months at Meadow Road, scoring twice in seven appearances.

And although his long-term target is establishing himself at Anfield, Ince is hopeful of securing another short-term move before the Football League loan window shuts later this month.

"I'm definitely open to another loan move," said Ince, who played and scored for Liverpool reserves against Arsenal on Wednesday.

"At the moment I'm here and I want to be in that first team. I believe I've got the ability; I just need to show that whether it's here or on loan.

"There's always someone watching so I've just got to keep my head down week to week and try and push for that first team, whether it's starting or on the bench."

And Ince junior also revealed how his dad, who made his name as a fearsome central midfielder for Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool, has not mellowed as a manager - and he found out the hard way.

"I got it much worse than anyone else from him," said the 19-year-old. "On the training ground, on the pitch, it was 10 times worse for me - but I expected that.

"With my dad being there it was hard to go because there was a lot of judgment put on me. But on the training ground he knew the belief he had in me and didn't only sign me because he's my dad. On the pitch it's manager and at home it's father and son. I think that's why it works so well."

No comments: