Thursday, March 03, 2011

Kenny Refutes Fergie Issue

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish insists he has no problem with Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson ahead of this Sunday's mouth-watering clash.

The illustrious pair have known each other since the 1960s, and even played against one another when Ferguson was with Rangers and Dalglish was an 18-year-old upstart in Celtic's reserves.

The duo continued their rivalry into management in the 80s with Ferguson keen to knock Liverpool off their lofty perch, although he was unable to do so while Dalglish was in charge of the Reds.

United have dominated the domestic scene over the past two decades, but Dalglish, who lost an FA Cup tie at Old Trafford on his return to the hot seat in January, insists he has no problem with Ferguson.

"It's never been any different. If you read my book it'll tell you!" he joked on the club's official website.

"I've never had a problem with Fergie. I've got respect for the job he has done as a manager. I've never had a problem.

"I've known him for a long, long time. It must be 40 years or so since I first came across him. I don't have a problem."

Asked if he will share a bottle of red wine with the United boss to mark his 60th birthday, Dalglish joked: "Well, it's my birthday! He'll have what everybody else gets."

No comments: