Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eriksen Would Reject Reds

Ajax starlet Christian Eriksen says Barcelona are the only club who could tempt him away from the Amsterdam Arena at present.

The Denmark international is being linked to a host of top clubs, including Arsenal and Liverpool, whose assistant manager Sammy Lee was recently spotted casting an eye over the midfielder.

But the 19-year-old, who has a contract to stay at Ajax until 2014, says the only club who could tempt him at present is Barcelona.

He told Danish media: "If I got an offer from Liverool right now, I believe I would reject it.

"Ajax is a good club for me at the moment and I believe it will be that for a couple of years.

"If I did move, it would have to be to FC Barcelona."

The teenager received rave reviews from the media following his performance in Denmark's 2-1 defeat to England last month.

However, he has previously stated that he does not feel that his game is suited to the Premier League.

No comments: