Saturday, March 05, 2011

Birthday Surprise For Kenny

Kenny Dalglish today revealed how his players presented him with a surprise 60th birthday present – after they tricked him into thinking he was going to a team meeting.

The players were never going to let the manager's 60th go by without marking it in some way - and shortly after training ended at Melwood on Friday afternoon Kenny was conned into making a trip to the meeting room to be presented with a commemorative shirt signed by all of the first team squad.

"I've been very fortunate in my life and there's a lot of good people here at this club," Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv today.

"We had a good day's training and then I had a presentation from the players. It was supposed to be a conversation about drugs - what they should take and what they shouldn't take.

"They conned me to go into the meeting and then I got the presentation which was very welcome and unnecessary, but gratefully received.

"We also had a bit of lunch with everyone which was nice. I think it's a very pleasant atmosphere to come and work in here and there's a lot of people who would rather have the day off on their birthday, but I've got the best of both worlds.

"I've come in to work in a happy place and I will go home to a happy place as well so I can't complain."

The manager also spoke about what would make it a perfect 60th birthday celebration.

He added: "I've got the perfect present here. I've got the girls here, I've got my granddaughter here, Marina obviously, Paul became a father of twins last week so I might seem a wee bit greedy to ask for three points on Sunday, but that would be a very pleasant birthday present for me."

No comments: