Thursday, March 24, 2011

Benitez Dreaming Of Anfield Return

Rafael Benitez admits "it would be a dream" to manage Liverpool again in the future.

The Spaniard only left Anfield last summer and while his successor Roy Hodgson lasted barely half a season, he himself was similarly unsuccessful at Inter Milan.

"I am really proud of being the manager of Liverpool Football Club and I would like to come back in the future," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

Benitez admitted Kenny Dalglish is currently doing an impressive job in his role as caretaker boss until the end of the season, and added: "You never know (when) because Kenny is doing a really good job. It's a question of time. You never know in the future.

"It would be a dream. I would be really pleased to come back in the future."

Benitez revealed he would consider other offers in England but would never contemplate managing Liverpool's rivals Everton and Manchester United.

"Fans in Liverpool know the teams I would not go (to) but I think these clubs wouldn't offer me a job.

"I'm a professional but obviously some clubs I would not go to, especially the big rivals of Liverpool. I won't say the names, but it's not difficult!"

No comments: