Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Torres Insults Liverpool Fans Again

Fernando Torres has once again risked incurring the wrath of Liverpool fans by clumsily stating that "people on the outside can't understand some things about football."

Torres promised to repay Roman Abramovich in goals for sealing his £50million "beautiful" move to Chelsea and further alienated the Liverpool fans who stuck by him through a bad loss of form by insulting them and then backtracking and saying he wants to be "recognized" when he returns to Anfield.

Torres said: "As a striker I'm asked for goals so I'll pay in goals.

"I still haven't seen Roman Abramovich. To put so much money down for me speaks of his dreams to keep on making history.

"We want to repay him for this effort. I have to pay my debt on the pitch. It's beautiful he paid so much for me.

"When the season started I expected to play a lot to forget about my injuries. But Liverpool didn't start well.

"There was no light at the end of the tunnel.

"An incredible door opened for me when there was six months of fight ahead of me.

"Now I can fight for what I've always dreamt about fighting for."

Torres then made his veiled insult to Liverpool fans.

He added: "People on the outside can't understand some things about football.

"The problem was that when Xabi Alonso and then Javier Mascherano left I could only see a light at the end of the tunnel when Chelsea opened the door.

"It just happened that my time came to leave. In time I hope Liverpool fans understand.

"I would like to return to Liverpool and be recognized. I only have gratitude towards the people, the club and everybody in Liverpool."

Torres has clearly lost the ability to let his football do the talking but his continued jibes at the club who showed massive loyalty to him when he was badly out of form are misguided at best.

This over-rated player should show some dignity and respect, especially after his pitiful showing on his Chelsea debut against the side that gave him his chance in English football.

No comments: