Monday, February 28, 2011

Kelly Hoping For Speedy Recovery

Martin Kelly is hoping a scan on his injured hamstring will give him positive news as he looks to continue his excellent form under Kenny Dalglish.

The England U21 international was forced off the field in the first half during Sunday's 3-1 defeat at West Ham United after he pulled up while mounting an attack down the right wing.

"I knew straight away I had injured my hamstring," Kelly told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I took Scott Parker on down the right and when I took my last touch I felt a pull in my hamstring and there was no way I could carry on.

"I will have the scan and hopefully it won't be too bad.

"I'm usually a quick healer and we have good medical staff at the club so hopefully I will be back soon."

While the defeat at Upton Park ended Liverpool's excellent recent run, which had seen Kenny Dalglish's side go eight games unbeaten, Kelly insists the squad are determined to make an instant response and show their true colours in next Sunday's Anfield showdown with arch rivals Manchester United.

He added: "We were all disappointed with the result and our performance on Sunday and we've got to put this behind us and look forward to the big game against Manchester United at Anfield.

"It's at home, we will have our fans behind us and hopefully we can give them the result we all want."

No comments: