Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Andy Carroll Claims He Was Forced Out Of Newcastle United

Andy Carroll has claimed that he was forced out of Newcastle United after they accepted a £35 million bid from Liverpool, according to The Mirror.

Despite insisting that the player was not for sale throughout the transfer window and rejecting an earlier offer from the Reds, Newcastle sold Carroll with minutes to spare on deadline day.

In a series of text messages exchanged between Carroll and Toon Talk editor Steve Wraith while the deal was being concluded, the new Liverpool No.9 allegedly said he didn't want to leave.

“They have kind we don’t want u [sic], but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go,” he said.

Asked what was going on, Carroll replied: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho. They said they wanted the money. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. That’s why I signed five-year deal.”

Magpies boss Alan Pardew had insisted from the day he took the Newcastle post on December 9 that the England international would not be sold and that the striker was one of the main reasons he decided to join the club.

Newcastle are currently eight points above the relegation zone and their Premier League future could be in doubt as they failed to bring in a replacement for their star striker, while having two late bids of up to £12m rejected by Wigan Athletic for Charles N'Zogbia.

No comments: