Saturday, January 29, 2011

Palsson Ties Up Hibs Move

Hibernian have completed the signing of Icelandic youngster Victor Palsson on an 18-month contract from Liverpool.

Skysports.com revealed earlier this week that the 19-year-old midfielder was set to join Hibs after failing to make the breakthrough at Liverpool.

He made three appearances on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge back in November and Palsson is looking forward to his opportunity at Easter Road.

He told the club's official website: "I played for Iceland Under 21s against Scotland at Easter Road a few months ago and I was really impressed with the atmosphere; it is a special stadium.

"As soon as I was aware of Hibernian's interest, I was really keen to join the club and to work with the manager; it is a really exciting move for me.

"I believe the Scottish league will suit my way of playing and I am looking forward to playing for Hibernian.

"Edinburgh is a great city and everything about the move indicates it is the right decision for me."

Palsson is Hibs manager Colin Calderwood's fourth signing of the transfer window after Matt Thornhill, Martin Scott and Richie Towell also joined the SPL strugglers.

No comments: