Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ola Toivonen: Last Summer Was Not The Right Time To Join Liverpool

Swedish international Ola Toivonen appeared to be set to leave PSV for Liverpool during the summer transfer window, but the attacker eventually stayed at the Eredivisie outfit when both clubs failed to agree terms.

Toivonen wasn't too disappointed that the transfer fell through and has revealed that it was not the right time to join Liverpool.

"Initially, I really didn't know how to act when I heard about Liverpool's interest. PSV and Liverpool hadn't agreed terms yet, but that seemed a realistic option. I didn't know whether it was the right thing to do to leave PSV for Liverpool," said Toivonen to Voetbal International.

"I discussed it with a lot of people and eventually reached the conclusion that it wasn't the right time to sign for Liverpool. I could have caused problems that PSV didn't want to sell me, but I had plenty of reasons not to do so.

"It was good to see that PSV considered me to be an important player. Additionally, the timing wasn't right. Pre-season had already ended and all first team places were pretty much taken."

No comments: