Friday, January 07, 2011

Huth Yet To Hear From Liverpool

Stoke defender Robert Huth insists he has not received any contact from Liverpool regarding a possible move to Anfield in the transfer window.

Skysports.com reported earlier on Thursday that the misfiring Reds have made a 'firm enquiry' about the German centre-back.

Under-pressure Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson and director of football strategy Damien Comolli have repeatedly been linked with a move for Huth in a bid to strengthen their defence.

With Jamie Carragher still injured, the weaknesses in the club's back four were horribly exposed in Wednesday night's defeat at Blackburn, which may have increased the determination to make a January signing.

But Huth, who has two-and-a-half years left on his contract after being brought back to the Premier League from Middlesbrough in 2009, told The Sentinel: "I've heard nothing from Liverpool.

"I have a contract with Stoke. I am sure they are happy with what I am doing, and I am also happy.

"Being relegated is never nice, so it is great Stoke gave me the chance to come back. I am happy that, apart from suspension, I have played in every game."

Huth cost Stoke a then club-record £6million when he arrived 16 months ago and chairman Peter Coates is not planning to sell the 26-year-old.

He said: "We know nothing about it and, besides, he is very much a player we want to keep. We don't have to sell."

No comments: