Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gervinho Rules Out Exit

Gervinho has quashed talk of an impending move to England by committing his short-term future to Lille.

Various reports have suggested that the Ivorian striker is a target for a number of Premier League clubs.

Speculation claimed a switch during the January transfer window was a possibility, with Liverpool believed to be among those leading the chase.

Gervinho, though, claims he has no intention of moving on any time soon, with his full focus at present on helping Lille land the Ligue 1 title.

"There is no way I'm leaving Lille now," the 23-year-old said.

"I am enjoying my football now more than ever before. We are playing well, scoring goals and our team spirit is fantastic.

"I want to win the league here, that is very important and would give any player a lot of confidence.

"My ambition is to play for a big club one day, in a big league, but at the moment Lille is the place to be and I am enjoying being part of their success."

Pressed on whether a switch to England could happen in the future, Gervinho added: "One day I expect to play abroad in a very good team that can challenge for the Champions League."

No comments: