Sunday, December 05, 2010

Lucas Leiva Says Liverpool Fans Are Starting To Appreciate Him

After a tricky spell at Anfield, Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva says that his form has improved and that the Kop supporters are beginning to appreciate him.

Brazilian international Lucas has been at Liverpool since moving from Gremio Porto Alegre in 2007. He was a regular in the Liverpool side last season and has made eighteen appearances so far this term, scoring once against Steaua Bucharest.

Although there has been speculation that clubs including Stoke City are keen to sign him, Lucas believes that he is finally winning over his Liverpool critics.

The 23-year-old is quoted in the Sunday Mirror saying, “I’m trying to be positive...Everyone knows I had a really bad time here, but I’m working hard and I’m improving. I’m getting older and gaining more experience.

“I’m pleased with my form. Am I appreciated more? By the media, I don’t know. But by the fans, definitely...When you are doing well, everyone can see.”

No comments: