Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kuyt Hoping For Europa Reunion

Dirk Kuyt is hoping to feature against former club FC Utrecht in Wednesday's Europa League clash.

With qualification to the last 32 of the competition already secured, Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is expected to utilize fringe players at Anfield.

The 30-year-old spent five years with Utrecht in his early career before moving to Feyenoord and then on to the Premier League.

Kuyt now faces a wait to see whether he will be included in the midweek squad ahead of a crucial weekend league clash with Fulham.

"I am a player who always wants to be involved in every game and if the manager needs me I will be there for him on Wednesday," Kuyt told the club's official site.

"I have missed a few games through injury this season and I hope I can feature against my former club.

"We play a lot of games in a season and obviously you can't play in every game but it would be nice to play against Utrecht at Anfield.

"We have done really well in the Europa League and it would be nice to finish the group stages with a good performance at home.

"I had some good times at Utrecht and a lot of people are still there at the club who I am good friends with."

No comments: