Thursday, December 09, 2010

Hammers Linked With Lucas

West Ham is amongst a number of clubs who are believed to be lining up a January move for Liverpool midfielder Lucas.

A recent good run in the first team has led to a host of clubs being linked with the player. These include West Ham in the Premier League as well as Brazilian side Santos and Sevilla in Spain. Former boss Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan is also thought to be keen.

The 23-year-old Brazilian international has been singled out for special praise from Reds boss Roy Hodgson of late and he appears to be in no rush to move away from Anfield.

"I'm pleased to have my work recognized in this way at Liverpool," he said. "It shows that I have put in some good performances for the club.

"I'd already been voted young player of the year by fans last season. Receiving a positive response for what I do on the pitch is always rewarding.

"I'll dedicate myself to keeping things that way for Liverpool and Brazil, where things are also going well for me."

No comments: