Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Former Juventus Star Rules Out Liverpool Move

Liverpool target David Trezeguet has ruled out a move to England in the transfer window.

The French striker has reignited his career at Hercules in La Liga after falling out of favour at Italian club Juventus.

Liverpool had reportedly been linked with a move for the striker but, in an interview with Argentinean newspaper La Nacion, he has distanced himself from a move to the Premier League.

"It would have been an important experience in my career to have been able to play in the Premier League but there were complications," he said.

"My move to Hercules has gone really well, even learning the new language. I also like Alicante, the city has the sea, the sun, the good temperatures and the good people. Plus, my wife and part of her family are from there."

The forward spent 10 years at Juventus but he felt he needed a fresh challenge and he has found that in Spain where he scored six goals in his first eight league games.

"My first objective, after playing in Juventus, was to find a team that had confidence in me. The fact I signed on the last day of the transfer window meant possibilities were very few, but I feel at Hercules I have returned to my best form and we have shared ambitions."

A move to England has virtually been ruled out with the striker hinting that the only place he would consider ending his career would be in Argentina, where he started out with Club Atletico Platense.

French striker Trezeguet, whose father is from Argentina, added: "I think I would be able to return to play in Argentina. I am still in love with Argentine soccer and I like the rivalries, because they are something you can never forget."

No comments: