Saturday, December 11, 2010

Elmander Makes Bolton Vow

Johan Elmander intends to finish the season at Bolton Wanderers and insists money will not motivate a decision regarding his future.

The Sweden international's contract expires next summer and Bolton have held talks regarding an extension for the striker.

Elmander, who has scored eight goals in the Premier League this season, has been linked with a January transfer window move to Liverpool.

However, the 29-year-old has suggested he will not quit the Trotters midway through the season and will likely wait until the end of the campaign to decide on his next move.

"Of course, as a footballer, you like to have a big contract, but I don't want to comment on negotiations," Elmander told the Bolton News.

"I will give myself fully to Bolton while I am here and when my contract runs out in the summer, we'll see what happens.

"I have never been a player who goes after money, I have always chosen with my heart and the feeling I have in the pit of my stomach."

Elmander has flourished in the Bolton team this season and he has praised the influence of Owen Coyle after struggling to shine under former manager Gary Megson.

He said of Coyle: "He gives me a lot of freedom. This time last year it was very hard to play football, but when Owen came in and took over, it made a huge difference for me.

"Owen is honest, and I appreciate that. He is the best manager I've had.

"I will not talk about Gary Megson, but I can say the manager we have now is much more positive.

"He is always quick to praise the players and that was something Megson was not so good at. I have my confidence back. I have a manager who really believes in me."

No comments: