Sunday, December 19, 2010

Eden Hazard Open To Liverpool FC Move

Eden Hazard has revealed that he would be open to a move to Liverpool after snubbing a summer switch to Chelsea.

Arsenal is currently in the hunt for the highly-rated Belgian winger, 19, as are Real Madrid following recommendations from club legend Zinedine Zidane.

But a move to the Bernabeu looks to be off the cards after Hazard admitted that he would not leave Lille for a club where his development would be hindered by a lack of opportunities.

Roy Hodgson saw Hazard in action on a recent scouting trip to France and he admits that he would not oppose a move to Anfield despite the Emirates being his preferred choice due to the increased opportunities for players to make their mark at senior level.

"I could have gone [to Chelsea] last June, but I was not ready to make that big leap," said Hazard.

"Recently, the press has been writing about interest from Liverpool, and it is nice to hear your name being mentioned everywhere, especially with the best teams in the world.

"If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere I will be on the bench, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors.

"But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark.

"I will not leave for another French club because, with 100 matches under my belt for Lille, I don't think I have to prove my qualities for a team in the same league."

Liverpool lost out to Arsenal in their pursuit of former Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh, who signed for Arsene Wenger on a free transfer at the end of last season.

No comments: