Friday, December 03, 2010

Cole Shrugs Off Concerns

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole has rejected claims that he is struggling for confidence and believes a regular run in the side will help him find his best form.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson suggested earlier this week the summer signing from Chelsea was struggling for confidence after a difficult start to his Anfield career.

Cole has failed to hit the heights since his much-publicized move to Anfield due to a combination of form and fitness.

The 29-year-old made his comeback against Steaua Bucharest on Thursday after five weeks out with a hamstring problem and Cole has dismissed concerns about his state of mind, believing that a consistent run of games will soon bring the best out of him.

"No, not at all," was his response when asked whether his confidence had taken a knock.

"I am happy with everything at Liverpool, I just have to stay fit and keep playing well.

"No footballer likes being injured, it is a pain, but you have to keep going and keep working hard.

"I got through 75 minutes last night having only trained once so I'm happy with the way things have gone.

"It was nice to come back and be out there. I just need to kick on and keep myself fit, which is the main thing.

"If I can do that and get games I'll be very happy as I'll be able to stay on the pitch and help the team to win something."

No comments: