Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New England Sports Ventures Begin Assimilation Of Liverpool Football Club

Joe Januszewski, the man who reportedly acted as a catalyst for New England Sports Ventures' (NESV) takeover of Liverpool Football Club after he sent an email to John W Henry, is being tipped to take up a senior role within the Liverpool board room.

"It was as a fan, really, but also as a businessman who follows sport. I told him that we should take a look at this opportunity," said Januszewski, a senior-vice president at NESV and a passionate Liverpool supporter.

Januszewski's first Liverpool game was a 1-0 defeat to Manchester United in January 2005 however, crucially to his kop credentials, he was present for Liverpool's European Cup victory in Istanbul.

“People walk into my office at Fenway Park and, OK, I work for the Boston Red Sox but there is another club that wears red which has a pretty solid representation on my wall. There's souvenirs, ticket stubs, all the rest. People look at me and say, ‘What's the deal?’ I tell them baseball is my business but Liverpool FC is my passion.”

Januszewski's new position at Liverpool is, as yet, unknown however he is expected to be joined by an experienced soccer administrator.

No comments: