Saturday, October 02, 2010

Jovanovic Hints At Reds Exit

Liverpool new boy Milan Jovanovic has admitted he is considering leaving the club just two months into the season.

Jovanovic joined Liverpool on a free transfer from Standard Liege in the summer in a deal already agreed by former Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

However, the Serbian international has struggled to hold down a regular place in Roy Hodgson's side and he is not happy with the current situation.

"I am starting to find the time dragging on," Jovanovic is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"I'm a fighter but if things do not sort themselves out I will change club - even though it is too soon to think about it yet.

"I'm on form, I'm working hard and I have started eight competitive games.

"But I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches - and I've not even come on as a sub."

Jovanovic admits he is missing his former club Standard Liege as he is struggling to adapt to the rigours of English football

He continued: "I have to adapt to a new system over here. I have to defend all the time.

"Just three or four teams in the Premier league play attractive football. The others set great store by commitment, discipline and defending.

"I miss Standard and the city of Liege."

No comments: