Friday, September 10, 2010

Ryan Babel Ready To Revitalise His Liverpool FC Career As A Striker

Ryan Babel is ready to revitalize his Liverpool career as a striker after being given assurances by Roy Hodgson of more regular appearances in his favoured role.

Babel has reiterated his belief that the arrival of the new manager has given him another – and perhaps final – chance to realize his full potential.

And while acknowledging Fernando Torres will be first-choice, Babel is determined to make the most of the improved openings he has been promised by Hodgson.

“The manager has told me he would like to use me up front more than normal, so hopefully that will give me enough chance to show how much I like that position,” he said.

“I was very pleased to hear this. I have always said my ambition was to play in that position, but at the same time I am very realistic.

“Fernando is very important for the club and he will always be our No9, but you know you can also be very important for the club too if you are used well.

“It will be a long season and we will need every player. Hopefully I can give the confidence and the trust back to the club that they have shown in me.”

“I think the way of playing has been changed a little bit and the new manager has a bit of a different vision to the former manager,” he added. “I think that is maybe what Liverpool needed – a different change. It’s very positive.”

No comments: