Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ryan Babel Aims To Win Respect Of Liverpool FC Fans

Ryan Babel has pledged to make the most of his opportunities up front this season as he bids to win over the Liverpool fans.

The Dutchman has revealed manager Roy Hodgson wants him to lead the line under his reign with 23-year-old Babel likely to be handed a starting role in tomorrow’s Europa League tie at home to Steaua Bucharest.

Babel has vowed to prove his worth to the new man in charge at Anfield by working hard in training and then seizing his chances on the pitch. The former Ajax man admits he still has many doubters amongst the Liverpool faithful but promises to establish himself as a Kop favourite with consistent performances.

“I aim to be a striker,” he said. “The manager has told me that me that up front is where he wants to use me. That’s positive.

“Now I have to show him in training sessions that I can do the job. If I do that I will get chances to play in that position.

“A lot of people still doubt my quality or whether I’m good enough to play for Liverpool. I hope, finally, with a little bit of help from everyone here, that I can give something back to fans and to the club.

“For me, consistency is the key. I need to start regularly and then play well on a consistent basis. When the boss trusts me by playing me I aim to reward that trust.”

No comments: