Saturday, September 11, 2010

Roy Rejects England Job Talk

Roy Hodgson today insisted he has no desire to take over the England job once Fabio Capello steps down in 2012.

The Italian's announcement earlier this week that he will leave the FA after the next European Championships has prompted speculation over who will be his successor.

Hodgson's name has been mentioned in some sections of the media - but the man himself has no desire to be considered.

He told reporters: "My job is at Liverpool Football Club and I'm very happy with my job.

"I would like to make it very clear that I intend to make no comments whatsoever on the England national team other than to congratulate them on their last two matches.

"I'm really looking forward to my job here, so I don't understand the questions and have no comment to make."

No comments: