Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Bayern Munich Blocked My Deadline Day Loan Move To Liverpool - Mario Gomez

Mario Gomez has claimed that Bayern Munich blocked a deadline day loan move to Liverpool.

The Germany international made a move to the Bavarian club from Stuttgart last year, for a fee believed to be in the region of £26.3 million.

But the forward was unable to hold down a regular starting role following his switch, and had been linked with moves to a clutch of clubs this summer.

The Reds have been on the lookout for a striker to bolster their attack, as they have been heavily reliant on Fernando Torres in the recent past.

And the 25-year-old maintains that a move to Merseyside was on the cards, only for Bayern to use their veto power and keep him at the Allianz Arena.

"I have said that if I leave Bayern I will go abroad," Gomez told Bild.

"Then came this interesting offer from Liverpool. I took the loan offer seriously and discussed it with my family and girlfriend because I just want to play.

"But Bayern gave me the impression that they see a future for me. And therefore a change was not an issue anymore."

No comments: