Friday, August 27, 2010

Ryan Babel: I Want To Stay At Liverpool

Ryan Babel has revealed that he is feeling revitalised at Liverpool and there is no way he wants to leave Anfield now.

The Dutchman scored the goal which gave the Reds a 1-0 victory over Trabzonspor in the first leg of their Europa League tie last week. The forward had been linked with a move to German outfit VfL Wolfsburg, but insists he is enjoying a new lease of life since Roy Hodgson became manager at the club.

"I have been through a difficult time at Liverpool but I look upon this year as a new chapter," Babel told reporters.

"I am trying to be positive and look forward. I have two years left on my contract and I love Liverpool. I am settled here.

"If I had the feeling I had done everything I can here then, maybe, I would look at something else.

"But I don't have that feeling at all. I feel I can be important for Liverpool."

As for the potential deal taking him to Wolfsburg, Babel was as surprised as anyone when reports suggested that the deal was almost concluded.

"I Googled it and it said the deal was almost done!" he added.

No comments: