Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Milan Relishing Vidic Test

New Liverpool striker Milan Jovanovic can not wait to lock horns with compatriot Nemanja Vidic this term.

The Serbia international consulted the Manchester United defender before he moved to Anfield this summer as a free agent after his Standard Liege deal ran out.

He is now relishing the opportunity to test himself against his friend, insisting Vidic will get no favours.

Jovanovic told the Daily Star Sunday: "Yes, I spoke with Vidic (about Liverpool). He respects Liverpool very much.

"I came here to do my best and I'm looking forward to being his opponent.

"If I have the chance to play him, I hope we will fight!

"He is a good friend of mime and we will see a lot of each other.

"I have already experienced playing against English clubs, both Everton and Arsenal, and I know what to expect."

No comments: