Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hodgson Vows To Sort Out Carra's Contract

Liverpool stalwart Jamie Carragher will be offered a new contract in the near future, according to Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

The 32-year-old's current Anfield contract expires at the end of this season but Hodgson has no doubts that the one-club man will be offered a new deal once the uncertainty about Liverpool's ownership comes to an end.

"I'm sure it (a contract extension) will be a priority," said Hodgson. "Quite frankly so much has happened in the last five weeks, the hours I've spent at the club are enormous, that we haven't actually got round to discussing contracts with players.

"I now know that Carragher has got one year left. That's the only contract of a player that I know about. If you asked me how many years the others have got, I haven't got a clue.

"I can see players like Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard never leaving Liverpool Football Club. I can see them always being part of the club.

No comments: