Thursday, July 08, 2010

'Roy Is Ideal For Liverpool'

Former Blackburn Rovers assistant manager Tony Parkes believes Roy Hodgson is the perfect man to take Liverpool forward.

Parkes was on Hodgson's coaching staff at Ewood Park and claims the former Fulham boss has unfinished business to attend to in English football.

He led Blackburn to a top-six finish in his first full season in charge but parted company with the Lancashire club the following season.

"I think with the players he's got to coach and work with at Liverpool, I think he'll be the ideal manager," said Parkes.

"I think by coming back to this country he's got some unfinished business.

"He's very experienced, he's very determined and you'll find that he doesn't like certain things. His team talks are usually all about his own team and he mentions the opposition very little.

"It's all about how his team will play and he has good knowledge and he's a good tactician and I think the players will enjoy working with him.

"I think when Roy was at Blackburn, when he first came, he got the team buzzing.

"We were second from top at Christmas and he was top of the list for the England manager's job at the time and things were going great for him.

"I do think they [the Blackburn board] sacked him too early.

"I think if they would have carried on with Roy I think he would have got us out of the trouble we were in."

No comments: