Friday, July 23, 2010

Official: Liverpool Sign Rangers Defender Danny Wilson On Three-Year Deal

Rangers defender Danny Wilson has passed a medical and completed his move to Liverpool on a three-year contract.

A deal to bring the 18-year to Anfield was announced on Wednesday, with an initial £2 million fee to be paid. Instead of travelling to Australia with his Rangers team-mate, Wilson had flown to Merseyside to rubber stamp the transfer.

Speaking to LFC TV, he was delighted to have finalized the switch to "one of the biggest teams in the world."

He said: "It's a great feeling to sign for Liverpool. Wherever you go everyone knows Liverpool FC and I am just very happy to be here.

"This is a massive challenge for me. This is one of the best leagues in the world and I will be playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.

"Coming here from Scotland, people may say I might not be ready for this, but that is a challenge I want to put on myself and that's the reason I came here.

"Everyone knows about the history of this football club with 18 league titles.

"It wasn't a difficult decision to come here as Liverpool is not a team who come in for you every day, so I can't wait to get started.

"There were other clubs interested in me who are in the Champions League, but once Liverpool came in for me there was only one team I wanted to go to."

No comments: