Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Masseur Is Simply Red

Liverpool have given themselves the best possible chance of hitting the right notes on the field this season - by employing the original lead guitarist from Simply Red.

Part-time masseur Sylvan Richardson has joined up with the club's new-look medical team at Melwood and is currently with the squad in Switzerland helping to prepare the players for 2010-11.

Having left United fan Mick Hucknall after two years and two albums, Richardson took his career along a different path - but the squad in Bad Ragaz haven't been slow in reminding the new recruit about his past life.

"They have been giving me a lot of stick," he said. "Especially Sammy Lee. I am a professional producer and musician but I was always interested in medicine, and when I left the band in 1987, that's the path I went down.

"To work for Liverpool is a great honour and when I got the call I was really excited.

"My role is to prepare the players and deal with their recovery after training. I am used to working with top athletes and so am very much looking forward to this opportunity."

No comments: