Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kuyt Pledges His Future To Anfield

Dirk Kuyt has provided new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson with a piece of good news by declaring his intention to remain at Anfield next season.

After replacing Rafa Benitez as Liverpool manager, Hodgson has been forced to fend off suggestions that his primary task will be to retain his best players before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

Fernando Torres is strongly linked with Chelsea, Steven Gerrard is believed to be interesting Real Madrid and Javier Mascherano is ready to tell Hodgson he wants to leave Merseyside in search of a new challenge.

However, Kuyt, who is currently preparing for Sunday's World Cup final between Netherlands and Spain, has no intention of leaving the club.

"Of course I want to stay," Kuyt said. "Liverpool is a great club with a great history. Unfortunately in my four years I haven't won anything but hopefully in the future, I will still have that chance.

"We will have to see what happens but hopefully the manager wants me to stay. I spoke to people at the club and I know he wants to speak with me. But it is very difficult at the moment because we are so busy and focus on what lies ahead."

No comments: