Monday, July 05, 2010

Jamie Carragher: I'm Focussing On Liverpool

Jamie Carragher has confirmed his return to the England set-up for the World Cup was a 'one-off' as he plans to focus all his energies on Liverpool for the coming season.

The Reds vice-captain was coaxed out of international retirement by manager Fabio Capello for the South Africa tournament.

However, Carragher admits he is unlikely to figure for the Three Lions again and will instead strive to do all he can to help new Anfield boss Roy Hodgson bring success to Anfield.

"This was a one-off thing," said Carragher. "The manager said he had a few injuries and I came into the squad and helped.

"I was delighted with the opportunity to play in a World Cup and work with Capello but I have always said the most important thing for me is Liverpool Football Club.

"We have a new boss now in Roy Hodgson and I want to do everything I can to help him and help the club get back up where we belong."

No comments: