Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sven: I Would Love To Manage Liverpool

Sven Goran Eriksson confessed last night to being a lifelong Liverpool fan and admitted: Managing the Kop would be a dream job.



The former England boss' shock admission came just 24 hours after Rafa Benitez left Anfield, leaving the Merseyside giants hunting a new manager.



Eriksson, managing Ivory Coast at the World Cup, revealed: "I have been a Liverpool fan all of my life.



"I never mentioned it when I was in charge of England because I didn't think it was fair.



"I was shocked when I discovered Rafa Benitez had left.



"Would I want to be the manager of Liverpool? It is every manager's dream to manage Liverpool."



Eriksson began following the Reds as a boy in Sweden. He said: "My father was also a Liverpool supporter and every Saturday we would watch an English match on television. It was the highlight of the week.



"Liverpool matches were televised quite regularly and we would cheer them on.



"They have always been my team and nothing has changed.



"When I was starting out in coaching I was invited to Liverpool to see how they did things. Joe Fagan was the manager at the time.



"I remember him showing me around Anfield and taking me into their legendary boot room.



"It was such a privilege and an honour for me to be invited in there. I will never forget that moment.



"Liverpool will always hold a special place in my heart."

No comments: