Friday, June 11, 2010

Riera Changes Mind Again, Wants To Stay At Liverpool



The 28-year-old's latest change of mind is likely connected to the Anfield exit of Rafa Benitez.

Riera launched a scathing attack on the former Liverpool boss back in March, saying, "The team's playing badly and needs changes. It is a sinking ship. But in the two years I have been here Benitez has never managed a situation with a player by talking to him."

A proposed move to Russia then fell through and having been frozen out by Benitez for the final two months of the season, he said last month that his Anfield career is over, commenting, "The club has not put up any fight for me. I do not want to quarrel with somebody, but if a club doesn't fight for you, that means that they don't want you. I do not want to be in a place where I am not wanted."

Now in the lastest twist, the former Espanyol and Bordeaux player has stated that he wishes to stay at Liverpool.

Riera is quoted in the Daily Mirror today saying, "Honestly, if I can, I am going to stay at Liverpool because it is a top club. But, at the moment, the door is open for me. So, I really don't know."

Riera joined Liverpool from Espanyol for £8m two years ago, but he made only fifteen appearances last season, having been a first-team regular during his first season at the club.

No comments: