Thursday, June 10, 2010

Martin Skrtel Keen To Impress Next Liverpool Manager


Liverpool and Slovakia defender Martin Skrtel has expressed his regret at seeing Rafael Benitez leave his position as manager at the club and believes he will have to train hard to convince the next manager of his qualities.

Skrtel, who has made 28 appearances for Slovakia since his debut in 2004, has also calmed any worries pertaining to his newest injury, one sustained in a friendly at the weekend.

"Rafa was the one who had confidence in me and he was also the one who took me to Liverpool so I can only thank him and wish him all the best no matter where he goes," Skrtel told the club's official website.

"I will train hard to show my new coach my qualities.

"I want to make sure that I will be a stable member of Liverpool next term."

Skrtel spoke of the injury he picked up against Costa Rica in a friendly on Saturday, one he believes will see him miss just a few days of training.

"It is just a sprained ankle," he added.

"I guess I can be back to full training in three or four days.

"It is not a serious injury."

Skrtel made 29 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions before breaking his metatarsal in a Europa League game against Unirea in late-February.

No comments: