Sunday, June 20, 2010

Javier Masherona Gives Green Light To £25M Reunion With Benitez

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has given the green light to a £25m reunion with Rafa Benitez.

The Argentina star has been hotly tipped to follow former Anfield boss Benitez to Inter Milan after the World Cup.

Inter have made initial contact with Mascherano’s representatives over a possible move to the San Siro – but a deal with Liverpool still has to be agreed.

Mascherano is expected to skipper Diego Maradona’s side as they look for the point they need to progress to the last 16 when they face Greece on Tuesday. And the midfielder has dropped a massive hint that he will be on the way to Serie A once his African adventure is over.

He said: “Me to Inter? Ask Benitez. He is the one who knows more. Rafa is my teacher. I learned so much from him since I came to play in Europe. I am learning Italian, but I don’t know anything about Inter. Does Benitez want me? You should ask him as he would know more than me.”

No comments: