Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Agger Pledges Loyalty To Liverpool

Daniel Agger insists he wants to stay at Liverpool despite the turmoil currently surrounding the club.

Liverpool remain up for sale, but there is little evidence to suggest a takeover deal is close and there are widespread reports they could cash in on their star players this summer.

Agger, currently on international duty with Denmark, says he is shocked that Rafael Benitez has left the club but insists he wants to stay at Anfield.

"I'm a little surprised because I didn't see it coming," Agger said in the Liverpool Echo. "Of course there has been a lot of talk about it but I didn't see it happening right now. The time with him was good.

"He is a good manager, he knows his stuff and he knows what football is about. When I return from my summer holiday, I'll see what is new, but his exit has no bearing on my future. I'm committed to Liverpool."

No comments: