Monday, May 17, 2010

Winger: It's Time To Kick On

Tom Ince believes the 2010-11 campaign could be significant in helping him realise his dream of one day playing for Liverpool's first-team.

The 18-year-old winger has enjoyed a fine season as part of Rodolfo Borrell's improving under-18 side and has now set his sights on stepping up a level during the summer months.

"My main aim is to try to get in the reserve team next season," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I've had two years here at the Academy and hopefully the (reserve team) manager will feel I've done enough to earn the call to Melwood.

"I've got another year here as a scholar but I feel now is a good time for me to kick on and I think that the reserves is the logical next step for me to target.

"Obviously it would be great to follow Jack (Robinson) and maybe get on the bench for a first-team game, but that's in the future for now and I need to keep work hard to give myself the best possible chance of succeeding.

"I feel I've gone up a level since the start of the season. It's been a season of change with Rodolfo and Pep coming in as part of the coaching set up, but it's definitely been for the better and I think our unbeaten run to the season shows we are all growing as players."

No comments: