Thursday, May 13, 2010

Liverpool's Youngest Ever Player Jack Robinson Describes Debut As A 'Dream Come True'

Liverpool left-back Jack Robinson became the club's youngest ever player at 16 years and 250 days when he came on as a substitute for Ryan Babel against Hull City on Sunday as the Reds drew their final game of the Premier League season 0-0.

The 16-year-old played just two minutes - his only contribution was sliding a ball infield to captain Steven Gerrard, a move which lead to the England international hitting the woodwork - but described the brief moments as a dream come true.

"It was an amazing feeling to get on and a very exciting moment," Robinson told Liverpool’s official website.

"I only found out for certain that I was in the squad on Saturday morning but it was completely unexpected.

"It's a dream come true.

"Sammy Lee called me on Saturday and when he told me that I was going to be in the squad, I just went into shock.

"I knew it was going to be a great experience and just sitting on the bench would have been good enough but it became even better to get on.

"It was the first time that I have ever travelled with the squad and I'll never forget it; I still can't believe that I've made a little bit of history."

No comments: