Thursday, May 20, 2010

Liverpool Outcast Albert Riera Launches Fresh Attack On Rafael Benitez


Liverpool rebel Albert Riera has fired a fresh broadside at manager Rafael Benitez and has accused him of having too much control at Anfield.

Riera was suspended for three days in March and frozen out of the first team after describing the club as a "sinking ship" on Spanish radio while blasting Benitez's management style. A move to Russian giants Spartak Moscow was lined up, but the winger's wage demands scuppered his chance of gaining the playing time necessary to make Spain's World Cup squad.

Now the 28-year-old has attacked Benitez once again, this time bemoaning the manager's power at the Merseyside club.

"I want to leave. English clubs are run differently that Spanish clubs. In England you have a manager at the club, and the board of the club has done nothing for me," Riera said, according to the Liverpool Echo.

"The club has not put up any fight for me. I do not want to quarrel with somebody, but if a club doesn't fight for you that mean that they don't want you. I do not want to be in a place where I am not wanted.

"I did not play the last two months and right now my objective it is to go to a club were I can feel appreciated and where I can win trophies.

"I am not worried about the money now or the country I go to."

No comments: