Monday, May 10, 2010

Fulham Boss Hodgson Hints He's Open To Liverpool Offer


Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has said that he would be open to an offer from a big club, hinting that a move to Liverpool would not be out of the question.

Last week, Hodgson was tipped as the front runner to succeed Rafa Benitez at Liverpool, who has been courted closely by Juventus. It appears that Benitez will not secure the assurances that he wants from the Liverpool hierarchy which could keep him at Anfield.

Meanwhile, Hodgson, has achieved what Benitez couldn’t, by leading his side to the Europa League final and has been linked with the Liverpool job. Hodgson has done remarkably at Craven Cottage, firstly keeping Fulham in the Premier League against the odds and now leading them to European glory.

The 62 year-old has plenty of top level experience, having coached Inter Milan and the Swiss national team.

The News of the World quote him today, saying that he would consider a move to a top club, which presumably included the likes of Liverpool.

Hodgson said, "If the day comes when a big club wants me and I am available then I would be happy to do it.

"If you really want to be the guy who is involved in European Cup finals every year, you have to choose your clubs very carefully," he added.

"My fault in the past has always been that I can't bear not working so whenever I leave a job I have a tremendous tendency - probably not always intelligent of me - to jump at the first job that comes my way that sounds half-decent."

No comments: