Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yossi Benayoun Happy To Stay At Liverpool But Refuses To Rule Out Future Move Away From Club


Liverpool winger Yossi Benayoun has stated that an imminent move away from the Merseyside club is unlikely, moments prior to his side's clash with Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final.

The 29-year-old Israeli feels that the club's future in European competition will not be a deciding factor with regards to his immediate plans, although Benayoun has not ruled out a future move away from the Anfield club.

"I have three more years left on my contract here at Liverpool but I’d rather concentrate on the present and see out this disappointing season," he told the Mail Online.

"As far as I am concerned, failure to reach the Champions League should not be a reason not to continue at Liverpool. At the moment, I’m at one of the world’s biggest clubs and I’m enjoying it here.

"I have a few good seasons left in me and hope that the pinnacle of my career is still ahead. I still might receive an offer in the future which could not be turned down. Who knows?"

Benayoun has made 130 appearances for the Reds in all competitions during his career, scoring 28 goals.

No comments: