Friday, April 16, 2010

Martin Skrtel Hoping To Be Back In Action Next Week


Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel hopes to return to full training next week, after six weeks out with a broken foot.

The Slovakian international suffered a fractured metatarsal in the Reds' Europa League clash at the end of March, but after consultation with club doctors has been given the all-clear to return to light training.

"I had another scan so that my doctors could be absolutely sure that everything was OK," Skrtel told reporters.

"They were satisfied with what they saw.

"It means that I can spend my time on the running machine from now on. It is a bit rigid but I hope that I can start working with the ball next week."

Liverpool face Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final next Thursday, but the game might come a bit soon for Skrtel's return.

No comments: