Friday, March 26, 2010

Javier Mascherano Insists He Wants To Stay At Liverpool

Javier Mascherano is confident that he will sign a new contract at Liverpool soon, after manager Rafael Benitez revealed earlier this week that negotiations were ongoing with the Argentine.

Although nothing has been concluded as yet, Mascherano is sure that he will ink his new contract shortly, as the club are well aware that he wants to stay.

"The club are talking with my agents. I don't like to be involved in the contract meetings so I leave that to my agents and the people at the club," he told the Reds' official website.

"Liverpool know I want to stay. I don't think it will be difficult to arrive at a deal and we will see what happens in the next few weeks."

The player has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona on several occasions during the past 12 months. However, he insists that much of the speculation was media-driven and he was never unhappy at Anfield.

"I have never said I was not happy at Liverpool," he explained.

"That was the press. I am happy here and the only way I can show that is with my performances on the pitch.

"I always try to do everything I can to help my team-mates and manager. Sometimes I can do well and sometimes I can't, but I always look to give 100 per cent in training and in games."

No comments: