Monday, March 08, 2010

Jamie Carragher Would Have No Difficulty Leaving Liverpool


Jamie Carragher says he will have no difficulty leaving Liverpool if the club where he has spent his whole career chooses not to extend his contract, which expires at the end of next season.

"The club will give me a new contract if they want to," he told the Sunday Times. "If not, it doesn't matter, I'll still play my best and if I have to move then I'll move, no problem. It wouldn't bother me."

The 32-year-old defender would like to stay at Anfield but said his decision to retire from England duty in 2007 showed he was not afraid of bold decisions.

"I made the England decision quickly and didn't dwell on it and I'm not scared of making big decisions. It's a club thing. It's down to them. I'll keep playing and see where it takes me."

Liverpool's manager, Rafael Benítez, said there are no talks planned with the defender. "We're happy to wait," the Spaniard said. "When you talk about players over 30 it's not the same as those who are 25 or goalkeepers, who will have a long-term contract. With Carra, we will wait and see."

No comments: