Thursday, March 25, 2010

David Ngog: Premier League Has Toughened Me Up

Liverpool striker David Ngog believes that he is improving as a Premier League player all the time.

The 20-year-old has featured more frequently for Rafael Benitez's team this season and feels that playing against the rugged defences in the English top flight has toughened him up.

"No game in the Premier League is ever simple, but especially away from home," he told LFC Weekly.

"A lot of the teams are very physical and make you fight for everything.

"You have to be strong and really battle to get possession and keep it until your team-mates can get forward in support. It wasn't something I found easy at first.

"Now I think I am getting stronger in those situations. The more experience you have of playing like that the more confident you become.

"I think I'm becoming a better player and know I need to do that. If I can I will be happy.

"I've managed to score some goals which is pleasing. But that's what people expect of strikers, it's our job. Hopefully I can get more in the future."

Ngog's recent appearances have been restricted by the return to fitness of Fernando Torres. Nevertheless, the Frenchman is delighted that the Spaniard is back in the team as the business end of the season nears.

"It's great to have Fernando back in the team again. He obviously helps us all to play better because he is so good," he added.

"Also, for a young striker like me it's great to have someone like that here. He's one of the best in the world. All I can do is be ready and take an opportunity to play when I get it."

No comments: