Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alberto Aquilani Keen To Repay Liverpool Fans' Support For Him


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani is proud that the Reds fans seem to have taken him to their hearts so soon after his summer arrival from Roma.

One expression of that affection has been the banner which was unfurled at Anfield not long after his arrival bearing the legend 'Il Principino - A Hero has Arrived'.

Now the Italian, who has struggled to find full fitness all season, wants to repay the support he has received from the Kop.

"It filled me with incredible pride. I was already accustomed to the Roma supporters saluting me with their own songs and banners, but for the Liverpool fans to do the same, even though I had not proved myself in the Premier League, was amazing," Aquilani told his club's official website.

"It is now my job to repay their support and love."

Aquilani believes that the supporters of the Reds and Roma share a lot in common.

"Giallorossi fans are extraordinary and unique, the best in Italy for sure," he added.

"There are no more passionate fans in the country. But from what I have seen in England, Liverpool supporters come from the same mould.

"They have a great reputation in the world of football and I now know exactly why."

No comments: