Monday, January 11, 2010

Liverpool Midfielder Alberto Aquilani Feeling 'Reborn'


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani midfielder insists that he is feeling "reborn" after recovering from a long-term injury, and that he intends to help the Reds pick up the pieces of a shattered season.

The Merseyside giants have endured several false dawns, with the injury-plagued Italian making only five Premier League appearances so far following his big-money switch from Roma.

"I feel reborn and I want to smash the world," Aquilani is quoted by the News of the World as saying.

"It was so hard being all that time without playing.

"Believe me when I say to you that watching your team-mates training and playing while you do nothing but physiotherapy, gym exercises and routines in the swimming pool for rehabilitation is really difficult.

"But now that is over. I am fine and I just want to put it all behind me and not think about anything but playing.

"The rest will follow. If I remain in good health, I know I can play at a certain high level.

"I know I have the confidence of the manager [Rafael Benitez], the rest of the management and my new team-mates.

"I know what I am worth on a football pitch and I want to do my absolute best in a very difficult season like this for the club and the fans."

1 comment:

Manu said...

i think that aquilani was better in roma, he played faster than now or he was comfortable because the italian football is slower, but, in any case, he's better than lucas, who is very defensive.

good blog, cheers from nunca podre tener un dinosaurio